Monday, September 1, 2014


Quit Blaming

          The speaker at the church where I visited on 7/21/2013 gave a very informative message. The topic of the message was “Quit Blaming” quit blaming other people or certain circumstances for negative things that’s happening in your life and quit holding on to the past. She actually embarked on some of things that I was already thinking about concerning myself. I guess you could say she confirmed my very thoughts, and put them into perspective. She gave nine examples of life practices that you should indulge in on a regular basis, but the one that stood out to me the most is “The voice of Declaration.”          

          "The Voice of Declaration," tells you to speak out and up for yourself, and not let other people tell you who you are, or who you have the ability to become. For a large portion of my life I stayed in a state of confusion because I didn’t really know who I was or where I was going in life. Even though I grew up in negative surroundings, I tried not to dwell on that, but at the same time it’s hard to move on when you have feelings of insecurity, discouragement, and low self esteem. When dealing with those kinds of strongholds in your life, you really have to have faith in knowing that change is always possible, but you have to work at it.  Another practice that stood out to me was “The Mirror of Self Confrontation.”

          “The Mirror of Self Confrontation,” helps you confront yourself about anything that concerns you and no one else. It helps you lift the burden of blame off of your conscious and give you a mind free of guilt. Lately I had been confronting myself about being more positive and not being so opinionated and concern about other people situations. Sometime I feel I may dig to deep into things, and make them worse than what they are. I feel that I’m showing concern. Even though you may feel you need to talk to someone about another person’s situation sometimes it may start to sound like gossip. I should be talking to the person involved in the situation anyway, instead of someone else. If I can’t physically help the person with the situation, then I should just pray for the person as I pray for myself and my situations, and always share a loving and caring heart.

 

 

Solutions:

The Voice of Declaration:

  • Express yourself, but always in a positive and dignified manner.
  • Learn to love yourself and change what is needed to be change.
  • Speak over yourself with encouraging words every day.

 

Bible Verse:

Romans 12: 6-7

Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, let us use them: if prophecy, let us prophesy in proportion to our faith; or ministry, let us use it in our ministering; he who teaches, in teaching; he who exhorts, in exhortation; he who gives, with liberality; he who leads, with diligence; he who shows mercy, with cheerfulness.

 

 

The Mirror of self confrontation:

  • Confront yourself and not blame others for what’s going wrong in your life.
  • You may want to seek counsel from your pastor, assistant pastor or a counselor in your church on whatever you are confronting yourself about.
  • Practice the art of self awareness to see how much, if any, of your blame involves other people.

 

Bible Verses:

Proverbs 20: 5

5The purpose in the heart of man is like deep water,
but a man of understanding will draw it out.

 

Proverbs 21: 2

2Every way of a man is right in his own eyes,
but the Lord weighs the hearts

No comments:

Post a Comment